Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our baby chicks are here!

I had been up late on Thursday night because our furnace went out.  I know it's summer time -- but no furnace means no blower for our central air.  My husband was working late, so I had to deal with it.  And I don't know about you, but I have a hard time winding down after excitement.

Friday morning, I was surprised when I got a phone call at 7 a.m.  It was the post office.  Our baby chicks had come!

If you have ever raised chickens, you know that the most exciting part of having chickens is getting the baby chicks.  They are so fuzzy and cute!

Our hens are really curious about those chicks.  Normally, they like to spend all day outside, but they have been in the coop watching over the chicks since they came.

No comments:

Post a Comment