Sunday, August 29, 2010

Product Review : Wire Egg Basket from eNasco


 After a year of using wicker baskets to collect our eggs, I was tired of the mess.  When I went to buy an egg basket last year at our local Tractor Supply, all they carried were woven wicker baskets.  They were pretty, but the eggs were easily broken by my children when they carried them in from the coop. (I think some running may have been involved.)

Broken eggs = really messy baskets.  And woven baskets are kind of hard to clean.

Last week, I decided to see if I could find something else that would work.  I remembered the wire basket my husband's grandpa had for his chickens, and that was what I wanted for my eggs.  I called all of the local farm stores, and none of them carried wire baskets.  Then, I did a Google search, and found exactly what I wanted!  I ordered the largest basket that eNasco has, and I LOVE it!   I will have about 45 laying hens soon, and I need a basket that will hold all the eggs.

I let my kids test it out by doing their usual thing when they gather eggs (which probably involved some running), and none of the eggs were broken in transit.  One of the best things about this basket is that it is coated with vinyl.  I can wash the basket when I wash the eggs!

The baskets come in different colors and range in price from $11.50 - $16.95.  I was pleased by how quickly I received my order, and I will definitely order from eNasco again.


No comments:

Post a Comment